The Open Textbook Network is excited to announce the agendas for our annual Summer Institute and Summit!
Held August 7 – 11, 2017 at the University of Minnesota, these events are opportunities for new and continuing member delegates to collaboratively develop open textbook programming strategies and build a community of practice. We hope you can join us to learn, discuss, connect and have fun with your colleagues who are working across the country to grow open textbook programs.
Please register by June 1 via Eventbrite.
2017 Theme: Make it Your Own
The OTN will launch new and redesigned resources and templates for members to customize for their programs. Make these materials your own based on your institutional context, the latest research, and best practices from across the Network.
Agenda will focus on facilitating open textbook workshops, sharing strategies for open textbook programming and building community across the Network. These days are dedicated to new OTN members by invitation, and costs are covered.
Agenda will focus on problem solving, community building and professional development. We will collaboratively explore network-wide issues and focus on members’ defined needs. These days are for all members. Returning members cover their own travel and accommodations.
Participating members can look forward to the following outcomes:
- Meet with other national leaders in open textbook programming
- Build relationships and partnerships across the Network
- Get ready for fall semester using newly designed resources, and customize presentations, handouts and other materials
- Explore the new Open Textbook Program Dashboard
- Refine your own open textbook programs by leveraging the expertise and experience of the community
- Examine strategies for meaningful book store relationships
- Develop engagement for stakeholders on campus, including Centers for Teaching and Learning, liaison librarians, and instructional designers
- Learn author management skills for the publishing process
- Explore Open Textbook Library sustainability and maintenance challenges and solutions
- Dive into Creative Commons licensing developments and issues
Plus! CC-LIB Certificate
Be the first to beta test the new Creative Commons Librarian Certificate (CC-LIB)!
The Open Textbook Network is partnering with Creative Commons to beta test the CC-LIB Certificate. The Certificate aims to ensure all librarians have the licensing knowledge and skills they need to successfully perform Creative Commons related library functions, and extend access to knowledge.
Join a representative from Creative Commons on Wednesday, August 9th from 1- 4 p.m. (during Institute/Summit free time). Get a sneak peek at the CC Library Certificate program and help craft the learning outcomes.
Pre-registration is required by June 1, and is separate from Summer Institute and Summit registration.