The Open Textbook Network is excited to announce the inaugural cohort for the Certificate in OER Librarianship, the first program of its kind to offer professional development in open education and open education programming for librarians.
The first cohort brings together 31 librarians from a diverse range of private and public universities, community colleges, and state-wide consortia spanning 21 States. The program starts on February 25 and will include online and in-person content, mentor-led cohorts, and post-workshop program development and assessment. The in-person workshop will be held before the ACRL Conference in Cleveland, Ohio, in March 2019. Read more about the Certificate in this press release.
The participants will develop comprehensive knowledge in open education and open education planning, and will be able to apply that knowledge within their own local context, culture, and goals. In addition, they will focus on the practices necessary to navigate the interpersonal and institutional challenges often encountered when building open education programs.
Upon completion of the program, the participants will receive a certificate in OER Librarianship. They will form the core of a supportive community dedicated to sharing ideas and resources as they develop lasting open education programs in their institutions, and pave the way for other institutions to develop similar programs in the future.
The “Certificate in Open Educational Resources (OER) Librarianship” is funded by a Laura Bush 21st Century Librarian Program grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (RE-70-17-0073-17)
2018-19 OER Certificate in OER Librarianship Cohort
- Bryan James McGeary, Information Literacy Librarian, Dickinson College
- Caroline Hallam, Open Educational Resources Librarian, NCLIVE
- Christina Riehman-Murphy, Reference & Instruction Librarian, Penn State Abington
- D’Arcy Hutchings, Instructional Design Librarian, University of Alaska Anchorage
- Doralyn Rossmann, Head of Digital Library Initiatives & Associate Professor, Montana State University
- Dorinne Banks, Education Librarian, George Washington University
- Emily Gattozzi, Coordinator Scholarly Publishing, Bowling Green State University
- Eric Prosser, Campus Copyright Librarian, Fort Lewis College
- Erin Barnthouse, Collection Development & Technical & Online Services Librarian, College of the Canyons
- Heather White, Library Technical Services Coordinator, Mt Hood Community College
- Hillary Fox, Science Librarian & Collection Development Coordinator, University of West Florida
- Irene McGarrity, Assistant Professor, Digital Learning Librarian, Keene State College
- Jen Hughes, Archives, New Media, and Educational Initiatives Librarian, Salt Lake Community College
- Jessica Dai, Diversity Resident Librarian, West Virginia University
- Juliana Terciotti Magro, Open Educational Resources and Instructional Librarian, Touro College
- Julie Reed, E-Learning Librarian, Central Piedmont Community College
- Jonas Lamb, Associate Professor, Public Services Librarian, University of Alaska Southeast
- Lauren McKeen, Web Manager and Librarian for Communication Studies, Northwestern University Libraries
- Lily Todorinova, Undergraduate Experience Librarian, Rutgers University
- Lindsay Inge Carpenter, Pedagogy Librarian, University of Maryland, College Park
- Maria C. Bonet, Electronic Resources Librarian, Prince George’s Community College
- Marian Hampton, Liaison Librarian, University of Pittsburgh
- Melanie Medina, Collection Development & OER Librarian, Northern Virginia Community College
- Monika Chavez, Librarian, Southwestern College
- Nora Rackley, Librarian, Reference Instruction, Lake-Sumter State College
- Patricia A Erwin-Ploog, Assistant Dean of Library Services, College Librarian, Senior Lecturer, Granite State College
- Rachel Dilley, OER Librarian, Columbus State Community College
- Sheena M Campbell, Librarian for Research and Outreach, Holy Names University
- Tonya Ferrell, Open Educational Resources Coordinator, University of Nebraska at Omaha
- Wendy Walker, Digital Initiatives Librarian, University of Montana-Missoula
- Yang Wu, Open Resources Librarian, Clemson University.